December 28 through December 31, the English Institute application will be unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
To study at the English Institute, international students must complete these three steps:
|To apply to English Institute, students should submit the following through our online application system:|
1. Completed English Institute application form (available through our online application system). The online application will be unavailable December 28 through December 31.
2. Copy of passport photo page. Upload a scanned copy.
3. Proof of high school graduation or college attendance. Upload a scanned copy. Students planning to pursue degree studies at HCC should provide high school transcripts.
4. Non-refundable application fee of $100. Payable via cash, check or money order (to Howard Community College), or credit card online.
5. Official bank statement (and statements of support, in case of sponsorship) dated wtihin 90 days of application. Upload scanned copies. Students must verify that they can pay for their academic and living expenses before they can be admitted. At present these costs are $22,500 for one year of study. Costs are subject to change.
Declaration of Financial Support (for financial sponsor in home country or U.S.)
Room & Board Sponsorship (for Room & Board sponsor in U.S., if applicable)
Regular Student Expenses
Students with Room and Board Provided
Students with Dependents ($3,300 per dependent)
|6. Health insurance. AFTER F-1 visa/status approval and PRIOR to registration for classes, students must provide proof of health insurance that covers medical care in the U.S. Coverage should include medical evacuation and repatriation to student's home country. Visit our health insurance page for details and recommended plans.|
7. Additional requirements. If you wish to transfer to Howard Community College or change your status, additional fees, forms and procedures may be necessary. Please contact or meet with an International Student Advisor to receive the necessary forms and information.
Please follow this chart to apply on time:
* These dates are approximate and change each year.
|Term||Program Start Date*||Recommended Application Dates**|
Before June 15
|Before November 15|
|Before March 15|
** Applications are accepted throughout the year, but we recommend that you apply at least 6 to 8 weeks before the start of the semester.