The English Language Center at Howard Community College has been approved to administer and proctor ACTFL Proficiency Tests. If you or your organization would like to use this service, please make an appointment by contacting Ms. Chuni Wang at 443-518-4455 or CWang@howardcc.edu.
Cost of Testing
- ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview by Computer (OPIc): $130/test (test takes between 30 minutes to one hour to complete)
- ACTFL Writing Proficiency Test (WPT): $130/test (no booklet writing test, test takes up to 90 minutes to complete)
- ACTFL Reading Tests for Professionals (RTP): $120/test (test takes between 50-120 minutes to complete)
- ACTFL Listening Tests for Professionals (LTP): $120/test (test takes between 50-120 minutes to complete)
Test Times & Location
- Testing time slots are: Mon-Thur, 2-4pm or Fridays, 10am-1pm. Candidate must arrive 15 minutes prior to testing start time.
- Testing location: 10650 Hickory Ridge Road, Hickory Ridge building, Room 210, Columbia, MD 21044. Please park in the West Garage next to the Hickory Ridge building. See Campus Map for location. Enter address into Google Maps to get directions.
What You Need to Bring for Testing
- Candidate must bring payment on the day of testing (see cost above). All payments are non-refundable.
- Candidate must bring a photo ID for identification verification.
- Candidate is NOT allowed to bring any papers, pens, notes, dictionaries, iPods, Blackberries, laptops, cell phones, cameras, pagers, or other recording devices of any kind into the testing room.
- Certified ratings are available within five business days. WPT ratings are available within ten business days.
- Certificate will be emailed to the candidate when test result is available.