The English Language Center at Howard Community College has been approved to administer and proctor ACTFL Proficiency Tests. If you or your organization would like to use this service, please make an appointment by emailing Ms. Chuni Wang at CWang@howardcc.edu and provide the following information in your email:
- Your full name
- Your contact number
- Type of test(s) you want to take (i.e. OPIc or WPT)
- Language you are testing in
Cost of Testing
- Oral Proficiency Interview by Computer (OPIc): $150/test (test takes one hour to complete)
- Writing Proficiency Test (WPT): $150/test (internet format only; test takes 90 minutes to complete)
- Reading Proficiency Test (RPT): $120/test (test takes 80 minutes to complete)
- Listening Proficiency Test (LPT): $120/test (test takes 80 minutes to complete)
Test Times & Location
- Testing time slots are: Mon-Thur, 2-4pm or Fridays, 10am-1pm. Candidate must arrive 15 minutes prior to testing start time.
- Testing location: 10650 Hickory Ridge Road, Hickory Ridge building, Room 210, Columbia, MD 21044. Please park in the West Garage next to the Hickory Ridge building. See Campus Map for location. Enter address into Google Maps to get directions.
What You Need to Bring for Testing
- Candidate must bring payment on the day of testing (see cost above). All payments are non-refundable.
- Candidate must bring a photo ID for identification verification.
- Candidate is NOT allowed to bring any papers, pens, notes, dictionaries, iPods, Blackberries, laptops, cell phones, cameras, pagers, or other recording devices of any kind into the testing room.
- Certified ratings are available within five business days. WPT ratings are available within ten business days.
- Certificate will be emailed to the candidate when test result is available.