DEADLINE for Fall 2013 scholarship applications:
Wednesday, May 1, 2013, 4:00pm.
To apply, please complete the following and see the requirements below:
EI International Student Scholarship Fall 2013 Information
EI Resident Student Scholarship Fall 2013 Information
Scholarship Application form
Teacher Recommendation form (find out how to ask for a teacher recommendation)
The EI has both an international-student scholarship program and a scholarship program for residents (or specific other visa holders) for current students. Each semester, up to $500 in scholarships are awarded to students who have shown academic achievement and have been actively involved in EI activities.
Scholarship program requirements are as follows:
|International F-1 Students|
- Must be currently enrolled as an F-1 student who has completed or will complete at least 1 term in the EI and plan to continue studying in the EI next term.
- Must have maintained full-time status with attendance of 80% or higher.
- Must be in good academic standing (pass all classes) and have demonstrated achievement in at least two core classes.
- Must have actively participated in EI activities.
|All other EI students |
- Must be currently an EI student or applying to the EI and intend to enroll in full-time study.
- Must have attended at least 2 ESL classes at HCC and demonstrated achievement in those classes.
Submit the application (and any other supporting documents) to the EI office by the appropriate due date. Teacher recommendations must be turned into the EI office by the instructor; recommendation forms will not be accepted from students.
Scholarships will be awarded at the End-of-Semester Celebration; students must attend the celebration to receive the scholarship.
Scholarship students are expected to stay in good academic standing by maintaining a grade of 80% or higher in each class in order to retain scholarship benefits.