Professional HR Management Training
Advance Your Career.
Prepare for Certification in HR Management.
We offer this course in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). The curriculum, designed by subject matter experts, covers the HR Certification Institute Body of Knowledge and includes application exercises that develop specific competencies and decision-making skills. The SHRM Learning System is the #1 PHR/SPHR certification preparation program that consistently helps professionals beat the national pass rate.
The most up-to-date learning modules
The SHRM Learning System includes six modules covering the entire HR Certification Institute body of knowledge so you’ll learn everything you need for the PHR or SPHR exam. Modules were updated to reflect the new HR practice and legislation in the HR Certification Institute’s body of knowledge.
Business Management and Strategy
- Strategic role of HR in organizations
- HR business management skills
- Strategic planning process
- Evaluating the internal/external environment
- HR and the legislative and regulatory environment
Workforce Planning and Employment
- Employee rights, privacy and consumer protection legislation
- Organizational staffing requirements
- Job analysis and documentation
- Recruitment, flexible staffing, selection and retention
Human Resource Development
- Organizational development initiatives
- Adult learning and motivation
- Training and development
- Talent and performance management
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation and benefits legislation
- Benefit programs (Government mandated, deferred comp plans, health care and other non-statutory benefits)
- Compensation structure and systems
- Evaluating compensation and benefits programs
Employee and Labor Relations
- Employee and labor relations legislation
- Union organizing and collective bargaining
- Unfair labor practices
- Discipline and complaint resolution
- Organizational risk
- Workplace safety, health, security and privacy
- Risk management legislation
MORE WAYS TO LEARN
Whatever your learning style, you’ll find ways to test your knowledge and build confidence. Use our interactive case study, featuring real-life scenarios and questions, to apply your knowledge. And, check out the Online Learning Center for a wealth of supplemental study materials:
- Quickstarts: guided overviews for each module highlight key topics
- Assessment: identifies topics a participant already knows and those areas that require more time and attention
- Tests: more than 1,000 questions for continually testing knowledge and comprehension
- Post-test: weighted and balanced to mimic the scored PHR/SPHR exam; presented in the style and format used by the HR Certification Institute
- Online Resource Center: includes downloadable audio and web casts, flashcards (printed, online or audio), HR updates, related links, feedback feature and more
PHR and SPHR Exam Requirements: To apply for either the PHR or the SPHR, candidates must have a combination of education and professional HR experience. For more information, see the Certification Handbook or visit www.HRCI.org.
WHEN, WHERE, COST, REGISTER
This course is offered each February and September. The February 2013 course takes place on Saturdays from February 16 - May 4, 2013, 9:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. (No class March 30, April 6)
COURSE NUMBER FOR WINTER 2013:
#8027 XB 818 7523
Classes are taught in our beautiful facility at 6751 Columbia Gateway Drive, Columbia, MD, in Howard County and the Baltimore-Washington corridor, convenient to I-95, the Baltimore Washington Parkway, and Route 175.
$1,165 (includes a nonrefundable $465 materials fee). Early Bird Discount of $100 if you register at least 15 days ahead of class. (Waiver students pay materials fee and $40 registration fee.)
HOW TO REGISTER:
The easiest way is to print out a registration form here and fax it to 443-518-4333. You can also use the Walk-In or Online options described on our General Registration Information page.
STRENGTHEN YOUR COMPANY.
GET UPDATED SKILLS.
For more information, call Roxanne Farrar at 443-518-4972, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.